Saturday, December 11, 2010

Review of Brushing Flesh edited by Miranda forbes

Brushing Flesh edited by Miranda Forbes

Format: Kindle Edition


File Size: 84 KB

Publisher: Xcite Books; 1.0 edition (August 4, 2010)

Sold by: Amazon Digital Services

Language: English

ASIN: B003YDXL1K


Brushing Flesh, the first story in this erotic collection of five shorts, is a story of detective Claire trying to figure out who stole some valuable erotic paintings. This story is okay, it didn’t stand out but wasn’t bad either. The one thing that bothered me about this story was that it is written in third person present tense. For some reason I found it a little difficult to really get into it, being used to reading mostly in the past tense. I’m used to reading stories as if someone’s telling you a story versus telling you the story as they act it out, which is what it felt like reading this story. On the other hand, another reader might read this story with ease.


The other stories are good if you’re into vampires, mermaids and orgies. However, Starring Tonight by Kitti Bernetti was an amazing read and I never considered myself a Marilyn Monroe fan. Despite the ending of Brushing Flesh which was kind of predictable, Starring Tonight leaves you unsure of what’s really going on until the very end.
This collection is a group of stories with varied themes that has something for everyone. However, with my tastes in erotica, I found it difficult to enjoy all of the stories as I had hoped I would. Because of Starring Tonight I give Brushing Flesh as a whole 3 stars.

Rating: 3 Stars
 
~ Leslie Lee Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment