Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review of Out of Bounds by T. A. Chase

Out of Bounds by T. A. Chase

Format: Kindle Edition

File Size: 157 KB

Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (April 22, 2008)

Sold by: Amazon Digital Services

Language: English

ASIN: B001892DIO

Available at Samhain Publishing

Imagine being an all-star basketball player, the twin of an openly gay celebrity movie star and secretly gay yourself. Oh, what stress. In T. A. Chase’s erotic romance, Out of Bounds, Kasey Johnson is that person.


All the action begins when Kasey’s movie star brother, Garrett, convinces him to go out with him to a nightclub. Once there, Ingram Fletcher, the nightclub owner, makes his move to seduce Kasey.

Kasey is career minded and any move he makes is strategically placed in order to keep his sexuality hidden and his image untarnished, and he makes sure Ingram understands this. The entire story is an up and down rollercoaster ride for Kasey that hits highs of great lovemaking and lows of utter fear that the real Kasey might be exposed.

It’s clear early on that Ingram will do anything to make sure he doesn’t hurt Kasey or his basketball career while he’s secretly dating him. This alone tells me what kind of man Ingram is and I like him instantly.

My overall sense of Out of Bounds is that it’s a nice, quick love story. The problem with that is there’s no tension between Kasey and Ingram. They’re in bed pretty quickly in the story and there’s never any doubt that they won’t make it. So by the middle of the story, you may have the tendency to get bored.

However, even though it ended abruptly when things were starting to really get interesting, I appreciate the ending for making me want more. I admit, I gasped each time Kasey just stopped thinking and let out his true emotions, those moments made me cringe as I thought, “Oh, my god. What are you doing? Don’t say that. Just ignore it. Just move on.” Those moments were out of character for Kasey which made the story more interesting. If a book makes me care about the characters enough to persuade me to yell at its pages and keep turning them at the same time, then it’s worth at least 4 stars.


Rating: 4 Stars
 
~ Leslie Lee Sanders

3 comments:

  1. I love stories that make you want to yell. great review. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another book I'm adding to TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete